Thursday, October 13, 2016

So, this happened.

Earlier this year I reconnected with a dear friend I hadn't seen in over 20 years.  She just happens to be a wonderful artist.  And she teaches pottery classes at a gallery in California.  She noticed some of my art and photography on my facebook page and invited me to show some work in an upcoming show at her gallery.  I worked at getting some more paintings completed over the summer in anticipation.  

The show took place last weekend, but happened to coincide with a deep loss in my family where my help was needed, so I wasn't sure I could pull it off.  I managed to get my watercolors framed and delivered to be hung, and my sweet husband and mom helped me to get the prints of my art turned into cards to sell.  It was a special evening participating in the first ever showing of my artwork.  It was a like an oasis amid days of stress and grief with the additional blessing that several more girlfriends from long ago came or participated in the show allowing us to have a sweet reunion.  

Here are my Sonoran desert inspired mixed media artwork (mostly watercolor with a bit of acrylic) all framed up strewn across a bedspread!
 


Here's the card making in process...



The cards when done, all organized in a box to be displayed.  Even more exciting... I sold a fair amount of them!  :)  I even had an inquiry about buying an original piece, but I am not quite ready to do that yet.  I do hope to get some nice high quality prints made soon, which will be available.  I plan on adding a few more Sonoran desert birds to this set, and also more blooming cactus as well.  




Keep an eye out next week for a post displaying the cards (individual and in sets) I am offering with prices and ordering information.

My paintings will remain on display at the Fontana Art Association's Koehler gallery through the month of October.   


I can hardly believe I have been blessed with this sweet beginning, especially for the hope it represented to me in the midst of dark and sad days.  Well, I guess life, like good art, involves light and dark, hard and soft... contrast is one of the key elements in beauty.  


He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.  Ecclesiastes 3:11 

No comments:

Post a Comment